Admissions Appeals 2021 - Update for Covid-19
Update: February 2021
This provides the Key Dates for hearing appeals for The Leathersellers’ Federation of Schools, including Prendergast Vale School, for entry into Reception in September 2021.
The Federation will continue to follow government guidance due to the circumstances around the global coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, including arrangements for appeals to be heard during this period.
We continue to monitor for new information. Please check this page regularly for updates.
Appeals arrangements 2021 - Starting School (Reception)
Under the Schools Standard and Framework Act the Governing Board of the school has to make appeal arrangements for parents/carers who wish to appeal against their child not receiving an offer of admission to the school.
For entry during 2021-22, including the Starting School round, the following are the Key Dates for hearing appeals:
|Date||Starting School: Event|
|16 April 2021||National Offer Day for a Starting School place in September 2021|
|18 May 2021||Deadline for lodging an appeal to this school (primary)|
|21 July 2021||Deadline for hearing appeals (primary)|
This provides you with further information about the process for hearing appeals:
- The person from whom appeal forms are available is the Office Manager – Admissions.
- During the continuing pandemic, appeal forms will be made available for download here.
- Special arrangements are in place to download the appeal form during 2020-21, because schools continue to respond to government guidelines to help reduce the further spread of COVID-19 and protect our community. For Starting School entry in September 2021, an applicant who has been informed by the school that they have the right of appeal may download the school's appeal form from this website at the above link.
- Completed forms with supporting documents should be submitted by the deadline. You may submit your completed form and documents via email: email@example.com
- The person to whom completed appeal forms should be addressed is to The Clerk to the Independent Appeal Panel c/o the school (email or envelope to be clearly marked APPEALS).
- Appellants will receive reasonable notice of their appeal hearing and other deadlines, such as deadlines for submitting additional evidence.
- Decision letters will be sent within a reasonable period from the date of appeal.
For any other appeals, the school is currently closed to most students and in-year admissions are delayed, in line with guidance.
Waiting lists: If you did not receive an offer of admission to this school on National Offer Day 2021, and have been offered a place at a lower preference school instead, your child's name will automatically have been placed on the Starting School waiting list for this school. If you would like to confirm your child's position on our waiting list, please email your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org