This provides the Key Dates and other arrangements for hearing appeals for The Leathersellers’ Federation of Schools, including Prendergast School, for 2022-23.
Pandemic update: Due to the continuing global pandemic, the appeals schedule will adhere to temporary regulatory changes and government guidance. The admission authority and clerk will respond to any new advice and guidance as necessary. There may be additional flexibility throughout, in accordance with temporary regulations. Appeals may be conducted remotely as virtual hearings or may proceed on the basis of written submissions. Please visit this page for updates.
Appeals arrangements - in-year admissions
For any other appeals, including in-year or ad hoc appeals, please contact Reception or the Office Manager for the relevant appeal form. This provides you with further information about in-year appeals:
- Deadline for lodging an in-year appeal to this school is 20 school days from the date of notification that an application was unsuccessful.
- Completed forms with supporting documents may be submitted via email: email@example.com
- The person to whom completed appeal forms should be addressed is to The Clerk to the Independent Appeal Panel c/o the school (email subject or envelope to be clearly marked APPEALS).
- Appeal hearings for in-year admissions will be heard within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.
- Appellants will receive reasonable notice of their appeal hearing and other deadlines.
- Decision letters will be sent in accordance with regulations.
Appeals arrangements 2022 - Starting School (Reception)
Under the Schools Standard and Framework Act the Governing Board of the school has to make appeal arrangements for parents/carers who wish to appeal against their child not receiving an offer of admission to the school.
For entry during 2022-23, including the Starting School round, the following are the Key Dates for hearing appeals:
|Date||Starting School: Event|
|19 April 2022||National Offer Day for a Starting School place in September 2022|
|18 May 2022||Deadline for lodging an appeal to this school (primary)|
|19 July 2022||Deadline for hearing appeals (primary)|
This provides you with further information about the process for hearing appeals:
- The person from whom appeal forms are available is the Office Manager – Admissions.
- Special arrangements are in place to download the appeal form during 2020-21, because schools continue to respond to government guidelines to help reduce the further spread of COVID-19 and protect our community. For Starting School entry in September 2022, an applicant who has been informed by the school that they have the right of appeal may download the school's appeal form from this website at the above link.
- Completed forms with supporting documents should be submitted by the deadline. You may submit your completed form and documents via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The person to whom completed appeal forms should be addressed is to The Clerk to the Independent Appeal Panel c/o the school (email or envelope to be clearly marked APPEALS).
- Appellants will receive 10 days' notice of their appeal hearing and other deadlines, such as deadlines for submitting additional evidence.
- Decision letters should be sent within 7 calendar days of the hearing or, in the case of an appeal conducted on the basis of written submissions only, within 7 calendar days of the appeal panel making their decision, wherever possible.
Waiting lists: If you did not receive an offer of admission to this school on National Offer Day 2022, and have been offered a place at a lower preference school instead, your child's name will automatically have been placed on the Starting School waiting list for this school. If you would like to confirm your child's position on our waiting list, please email your request to: email@example.com