Admission Appeals 2023 for Starting School (Primary)
This provides the Key Dates and other arrangements for hearing appeals for The Leathersellers’ Federation of Schools, including Prendergast Vale School, for 2023-24.
The deadline for lodging a Starting School (Primary) appeal to this school is 18 May 2023.
Appeals arrangements are set out in accordance with the Schools Admission Appeals Code (2021). Appeals will be conducted remotely as virtual hearings. If an appellant does not have online access, alternative arrangements may be discussed with the clerk. The admission authority and clerk will respond to any further advice and guidance as necessary.
Appeals arrangements 2023
Under the School Standards & Framework Act 1998, the Governing Board of the school has to make appeal arrangements for parents/carers who wish to appeal a decision not to offer a child a place at the school.
For entry in September 2023, the following are the Key Dates for hearing appeals in the Starting School round:
|Date||Secondary Transfer: Appeals Event|
|17 April 2023||National Offer Day for a secondary transfer place in September 2023|
|18 May 2023||Deadline for lodging an appeal to this school|
|To be notified by clerk||Deadline for submitting additional evidence for secondary appeals (the clerk will notify appellants of the date and time)|
|To be notified by clerk||Appeal hearings for secondary appeals (the clerk will notify appellants of the date and time)|
|20 July 2023||Deadline for hearing appeals (primary)|
|Following decision||Decision letters sent within 7 calendar days of panel making their decision, in accordance with regulations|
This provides you with further information about the process for hearing appeals:
- The person from whom appeal forms are available is the Office Manager – Admissions.
- Download Primary Appeal Form
An applicant who has been informed by the school that they have the right of appeal may download the school's appeal form from this website at the above link (available online until the deadline for lodging an appeal)
Completed forms with supporting documents should be submitted by the deadline. You may submit your completed form and documents via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The person to whom completed appeal forms should be addressed is to The Clerk to the Independent Appeal Panel c/o the school (email subject or envelope to be clearly marked APPEALS).
Appellants will receive reasonable notice of their appeal hearing and other deadlines, such as deadlines for submitting additional evidence.
Decision letters will be sent in accordance with regulations.
In-year or ad hoc appeals
For any other appeals, including in-year or ad hoc appeals in the current academic year or requests for a late appeal to be considered, please contact Reception or the Office Manager for the relevant appeal form.
This provides you with further information about in-year appeals:
- Deadline for lodging an in-year appeal to this school is 20 school days from the date of notification that an application was unsuccessful.
- Please request an appeal form from the school.
- Completed forms with supporting documents may be submitted via email: email@example.com
- The person to whom completed appeal forms should be addressed is to The Clerk to the Independent Appeal Panel c/o the school (email subject or envelope to be clearly marked APPEALS).
- Appeal hearings for in-year admissions will be heard within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.
- Appellants will receive reasonable notice of their appeal hearing and other deadlines.
- Decision letters will be sent in accordance with regulations.