Reception Class Admissions
Children born between 1 September 2015 and 31 August 2016 are due for entry to the Reception Class in September 2020. You must apply for a place through the local authority of the area in which you live (this may not necessarily be the same local authority as the school if you do not live in Lewisham).
The school will hold two Open Mornings in September for entry to our Reception class. For more information, please click here. If you are unable to attend one of our Open Events, we will arrange for a member of the team to give you a personal tour of the school. You will be able to visit the Reception class, see the work currently being studied by our Reception children and speak with the Reception teachers.
However, please note that we have an intake of 30 students and our catchment area is very small. For academic year 2019-20, the furthest distance place we offered on National Offer Day was 247.39m from the school.
Under the Schools Standard and Framework Act the Governing Board of the school has to make appeal arrangements for parents/carers who wish to appeal against their child not receiving an offer of admission to the school.
For Starting School 2020, the following process applies:
- 16 April 2020 – National Offer Day for a Reception place for September 2020
- 18 May 2020 – Deadline for lodging an appeal
- 17 July 2020 – Deadline for hearing appeals
- The person from whom appeal forms are available is the Office Manager & Admissions
- The person to whom completed appeal forms should be returned is the Clerk to the Independent Appeal Panel c/o the school.
- Appellants will receive reasonable notice of their appeal hearing and other deadlines, such as deadlines for submitting additional evidence.
- Decision letters will be sent within reasonable period from the date of appeal.
For any other appeals, please contact Reception or the Office Manager for the relevant appeal form.
If you are moving into the area or are interested in joining our school at any point other than the usual admission point into Reception then you will need to complete an in-year common application form. Please click here for further information on how to apply.
For details of our Determined Admissions Policy 2019-20, please click here
For details of our Determined Admissions Policy 2020-21, please click here
For details of our Determined Admissions Policy 2021-22, please click here
If you have any further questions regarding Primary admissions, please contact Ms Nicola Coughlin on 020 8297 3540 ext. 613050 or email email@example.com